Many treatments are suggested to prevent a hangover, shorten its duration, and reduce the severity of its symptoms, including innumerable folk remedies and recommendations. Time is the most important component because hangover symptoms will usually abate over 8 to 24 hours. The type of alcohol consumed also may have a significant effect on reducing hangover. Alcoholic beverages that contain few congeners (e.g., pure ethanol, vodka, and gin) are associated with a lower incidence of a hangover than beverages that contain a number of congeners (e.g., brandy, whiskey, and red wine). The following tips would help you to manage hangover.
Tips to get over this Hangover Day:
- Rehydrate: Drinking lots of water or non-alcoholic beverages during and after alcohol consumption may reduce alcohol-induced dehydration. Try warm water with lemon and honey, ginger tea, lemon tea or peppermint tea to start the day.
- Take a dose of B-Vitamins it helps to break down alcohol in the body.
- Consumption of fruits, fruit juices, or other fructose-containing foods is reported to decrease hangover intensity. Also, bland foods containing complex carbohydrates, such as toast or crackers, can counter low blood sugar levels in people subject to hypoglycemia and can possibly relieve nausea.
- In addition, adequate sleep may ease the fatigue associated with sleep.
- Exercise can help detoxify the body by releasing toxins and release of endorphin may improve mood.
- Stay away from coffee as it would further dehydrate you and increase other hangover symptoms.
When all is said and done, there’s not much you can do to make a hangover disappear. But making smart choices the night before always, always help.